- The Human Capital Legacy of a Trade Embargo
with Matthias Parey (Surrey) and Greg Wright (UC Merced)
Accepted, Journal of the European Economic Association, 2020
- The Price of Gold: Dowry and Death in India
with Sonia Bhalotra (Essex) and Selim Gulesci (Bocconi)
Journal of Development Economics, 2020, 143, 102413.
- Property Rights and Gender Bias: Evidence from Land Reform in West Bengal
with Sonia Bhalotra (Essex), Dilip Mookherjee (Boston Univ.), and Francisco J. Pino (Univ. of Chile)
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, 2019, 11 (2): 205-37.
- Democracy and Demography: Societal Effects of Fertility Limits on Local Leaders
with S. Anukriti (Boston College)
Journal of Human Resources, 2019, 54.1: 79-121.
(Previous versions titled “Fertility Limits on Local Leaders in India” and “Political Aspirations in India: Evidence from Fertility Limits on Local Leaders”)
- Gender-Biased Breastfeeding in Egypt: Examining the Fertility Preference Hypotheses of Jayachandran and Kuziemko (2011)
Journal of Applied Econometrics, 2015, 30: 848–855.
- Supply Shocks and Gender Bias in Child Health Investments: Evidence from the ICDS Programme in India
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy (Topics), 2010, 10(1).
Working Papers and Research in Progress
- Informed Citizens and Political Entry: Evidence From a Large Education Programme in India
with S. Anukriti (Boston College), Rosella Calvi (Rice Univ.) and Anandi Mani (Univ. of Oxford)
(draft coming soon)
- Male Emigration and Gender Discrimination in Remittance-Receiving Indian Households